Monday, January 23, 2012

Philly Cheese Steak Pizza


I try to be smart and budget friendly when planning meals. Cheap and easy is the way to go, but I also want my food to taste good. Better yet, amazing! I usually go to my
trusty Taste of Home Busy Family Cookbook. It was gifted to me when I first moved out of
my parents house and it's been my trusty book ever since. I've tried many recipes and they're pretty easy and budget friendly for the most part. It has all different sections: Beef, Pork, Poultry, Seafood, Meatless, Sides & Salads, and Desserts. Most of them are 30 minutes or less which is pretty awesome! Less time preparing a meal and more time with the kids, spouse, friends, or even your pets.

I liked this pizza. It wasn't the typical Philly Cheese Steak flavor I was
used to, but it intrigued me enough to want to try it. It takes 15 minutes to prep and 15 bake. The crust was mildly sweet and really complimented the tangy Italian dr
essing and gooey mozzarella.

To save more I recommend going online to find some coupons to help you with this recipe. I personally use Couponsuzy.com or visit Pillsbury.com and sign-up to rec
eive coupons to go toward your crescent rolls. Buy the two tubes and you should have enough ingredients to make this dinner at least twice.


Philly Cheese Steak Pizza

1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
1/2 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing
1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Unroll crescent roll dough into one long rectangle; seal perforations. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 13x9 inch baking dish. Bake at 375 degrees for 7-10 minutes or until lightly browned.

Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onion in oil and bouillon until vegetables are tender; set aside.

Arrange beef over browned crust. Brush with salad dressing and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 4-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top with green pepper mixture. Cut into squares.
Yields 6 servings.


***Cooks tip: If you have more than enough green pepper mixture, save some in a small container to store for omelettes later in the week!



I was not paid or gifted any linked products. I was not asked to link any of the above websites. I purchased the item(s) with my own personal money and any reviews and/ or recipes above are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment