Saturday, January 7, 2012

Blueberry Muffins




I have been craving blueberry muffins for around two weeks now. While browsing the grocery store I see them in their little plastic containers and all I'd have to do was pick one up and place it in my cart, but I didn't. They've been on my mind almost nightly, yet I nev
er just went and bought some. I knew I could make them at home and that I had the supplies, but I needed motivation. I've been spending almost every day 4+ hours at the local animal shelter helping with the kitties. I've also been fostering a couple kittens and boy do they wear me out! I'm on my fourth set and it's very enriching and warms my heart when I see their adoptive families cuddling them in joy.

Anyway, back to the muffins! I decided today was the day. TODAY I was going to make some Blueberry Muffins. I trusted Google to set me in my direction and it came up with a recipe called "To Die for Blueberry Muffins." It seemed easy and I loved the crumbly bits that went on top before baking.

I may of cooked them a little too long, but they had a slightly crunchy crusty top that was sweet and a super moist center LOADED with blueberries! I kind of like a crust on my muffins so it worked for me. I took a look at others' photos and each one varied. I think these were pretty good and will taste even better once I'm over this cold that's ruining my taste buds!


Blueberry Muffins
recipe posted by Colleen on allrecipes.com

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries

1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin tins or line with muffin liners.

Combine 1 1/2 cup flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil in 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with the flour mixture.

Fold in the blueberries. Fill muffin cups to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.

To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and cinnamon. Mix with fork and sprinkle over muffins before baking.

Bake 20-25 minutes or until done.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment