Sunday, March 18, 2012

Amigos Taco Soup Olé (Crockpot)







I'd like to tell you I slaved away over the stove to make this soup, but to be honest I didn't. We're having a weird winter and spring here in Indiana and its hot hot hot! At least for a native Alaskan like me it is. Lately it's been coasting around 70 degrees here and I'm putting off turning on the air conditioner for as long as I can. I've been keeping busy volunteering and would rather throw a bunch of ingredients together in a crockpot and walk away while I'm out helping animals in need!

Speaking of animals we recently became foster failures and adopted our fo
ster named Checkers. He was previously adopted and returned. I fell in love with him and scooped him up and took him home. After many a drama we tried to find him a home and ultimately I was absolutely torn up over him not being in my life. We filled out the adoption papers and the rest was history! Who is Checkers? Let me share his handsome face with you!





He was hunting flies in this picture, haha. He is a big boy and about eight months old.

Anyway! About this taco soup! It's quick, delicious, and full of flavors! I am a tomato hater, but I think the stewed tomatoes in this worked well and I was OK with eating the big old chunks of em'! For some reason tomatoes are tolerable for me when they're cooked down. The beef gets incredibly tender as it cooks on low for hours. Try this! It's inexpensive and easy. I call it semi-homemade, hehe.


Amigos Taco Soup Olé

1 pound of lean ground beef
2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans with liquid
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn with liquid
2 (15 ounce) cans Mexican stewed tomatoes
1 (1o ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 packet of ranch dressing mix
1 packet taco seasoning
Shredded cheddar cheese (optional topping)
Sour cream (optional topping)


Brown ground beef in large skilled, drain and transfer to sprayed slow cooker.

Add remaining ingredients and stir well. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours. When serving, sprinkle cheese and/or sour cream over each serving.

Serves 6 to 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment